Visa requirements / Demandes de visa de long séjour
The Visa Section of German Embassy Dar es Salaam doesn't offer consultation over the phone.
- Please read the information on the website carefully and use the contact form for inquiries to specific questions only. If the information requested is already available on our website, we may not reply to your message.
- Please understand that questions regarding the status of a visa application will not be answered. If additional documents are required to process your application, the Embassy will contact you.
- Please don't send unrequested documents to the Embassy, especially invitation letters. The Embassy doesn't have capacities to store documents before the submittal of the application. All documents have to be presented by the applicant at the time of the appointment with the Visa Section.
- Only applications from residents of Tanzania (Permanent residents, persons holding a Tanzanian student visa or work permit) can be accepted. Applications from persons holding long-term visitor’s visa can only be accepted, if you can prove that it was not possible to apply in your home country.
- You have to submit your application in person. Please note that with the introduction of the Visa Information System (VIS), being the new common visa IT system of all Schengen States, visa applications cannot be filed at the offices of our Honorary Consuls.
- You must book an appointment to submit your application via our
Online Booking System
If you frequently travel to the Schengen area and are not sure if you still have “days left” for another trip, please check here
National Visa (long-stay) in Germany
If you want to stay longer than three months in Germany and/or would like to work or study in Germany (including internships), you have to apply for a National Visa.
Information for the different visa categories can be found here:
Compétences Consulaires de l'Ambassade d'Allemagne à Dar es Salaam
Les intéressés résidants en Madagascar et aux Comores sont priés de bien vouloir s'adresser à l'Ambassade d'Allemagne à Dar es Salaam pour tout renseignement concernant la délivrance de passeports allemands et de documents d'état civil ainsi que la délivrance de visas de long séjour.
Les demandes de visa de courte durée jusqu'à 90 jours ("Visa Schengen") pour l'Allemagne sont à déposer auprès des représentances de France respectives.
Visas de long séjour / "visas nationaux"